Thursday, August 27, 2009

5 sets of keys

I just signed a lease to my new spot, way out in Brooklyn. I'll move in on Sept. 1st. The neighborhood is "up-and-coming, 2040". More than anything, what marks this crazy day is that I am now carrying 5 sets of keys. (I was just given my set of office keys to Roundabout Theatre Company) where I am now working. What gratitude I carry to be living in a city which 2 months ago seemed so daunting, so absolutely unbreakable. And now, temporarily homeless, my bag jingles with 5 sets of trust, love and support.

2 comments:

  1. Everything in your blog so far reminds me of roaming foreign cities together with backpacks looking for an adventure. I read this today, and it is SO you "There are souls in this world who have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" I'm so pround of everything you have done and are doing! Can't wait to visit you someday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie - you inspire me. HEAPS! ... Amped things are getting better for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete